Sunday, July 25, 2010

In solitude I have found Knowledge


 By Mory Keita

In solitude I have found knowledge I sought,
More desirous than treasures of Alexander,
Knowledge that shall satisfy till thy riches pale,
For thy treasures guide thou to voracious thirst.

If thou would to bribe me with golden myriad,
Or if thou would to offer to me Midas’golden hand,
I shall not be tempted, nor shall I smile of envy.                                                 
Why should I, when I hold papyrus from my Lord?

If thou are prepared to abandon futility to join me,
I shall show to thy greedy sight fairest of all wanders,
And thou shall fall on thy knees in front of thy Lord,
For, he dwelled his grace upon me with this wisdom.
                                                                                                                       
Thus, thou shall acquire wealth beyond Alexander’s,
And thou shall cherish thyself more than treasures.

Share/Bookmark

12 comments:

eyeography said...

Very well written brother...beautiful thought...
Keep writing.. :)

Tanvi said...

"Thus, thou shall acquire wealth beyond Alexander’s,
And thou shall cherish thyself more than treasures"

Wonderful lines Mory. And thanks for the gracious comment on my blog, hope to see more of you.

Weasel said...

Very well crafted! It's a captivating piece, the first stanza complete consumes the reader! Great post!

-Weasel

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

beautifully done...

Sam Liu said...

You have an amazing classical style and true way with words. I admire your talent greatly. This is a wonderful poem, Mory.

mareymercy said...

I agree with the Weasel - that first stanza is really lovely!

Karen S said...

This is lovely. I love the classical imagery.

Mory said...

Thank you Sam ( i think you are better with words). thanks everyone for reading this lunacy of mine.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is awesome! You have put in a most exceptionally brilliant poem today...I read it twice and got lost in your words. So classical...It really encaptulates treasures of those times. Thanks my friend for sharing and keep the ink on the tip of your quill. ~ Amanda

Anonymous said...

I love the first stanza.
It speaks to a deep wisdom. This poem is also quite lyrical and begs a second reading. The visuals are alive.

Mory said...

thank you guys for your great comments.

Djene said...

"In solitude I have found knowledge I sought,
More desirous than treasures of Alexander,
Knowledge that shall satisfy till thy riches pale,
For thy treasures guide thou to voracious thirst."
Yes, knowledge is power.
Nice poem

Post a Comment

I would greatly appreciate and value your feedbacks.