Saturday, April 17, 2010

"The Raven" children's version

While reading "The raven" by the great  Edgard Alan Poe, i was asked by my little brother the reason i  was laughing , speaking, and behaving strangely.I tried to explain to him the funny story behind Poe's The Raven but he did not find it funny. i red  the poem at loud but it didn't scare him -- he tough that it was boring ; So i decided to find an adaptation of  The Raven for children  and lo and behold i stumbled upon the perfect match: the Simpson's' version of Poe's "The raven". To my pleasant surprise my little brother, who once  found  me weird, surpassed me in weirdness, and has been playing and replaying the video since that day. He especially  likes the part where Homer Simpson vigorously  jumps to catch the raven.

Thought, this is a simplified and comical version  of  Poe's "The raven", nevertheless it  posses the dark  and mysterious tone of the original .




Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my first time visit at here and i am
in fact happy to read everthing at one place.
Here is my web page : Smartgirl Rabatte November2012

Post a Comment

I would greatly appreciate and value your feedbacks.